The more I live - the more I learn. The more I learn - the more I realize the less I know. Each step I take - Each page I turn - Each mile I travel only means the more I have to go.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

A Little Better Than the Time Before...

Today was an excellent exercise in two things: 1) being confident in who you are, and 2) continuing to better yourself, even in the little things.

We decided to take a quick trip to play putt putt golf, a game that I usually get exasperated by because I play the first few holes cleanly and then I get impatient or rushed or embarrassed and finish in last place. Today, though, remembering my mantra for the new year, I deliberately took each stroke calmly and focused on each task in front of me, and what do you think? Not only did I finish in second place, but I sunk two hole-in-ones!




The second thing I made myself practice today was being OK with who I am and not feeling like I have to constantly appear a certain way or meet society's "perfection" standards to appear in public. My self-esteem usually dictates that I not leave my house until my make-up looks perfect, not because I desire attention but because I feel more confident knowing I look my absolute best. But, today, I thought I would push myself a little out of my comfort zone and work on being confident and comfortable with who I am as a human being, not in my appearance. So, I went out make-up-less (and you ladies know, that takes some doing).


Challenge for today: Be yourself. Just yourself. You don't have to look a certain way, dress a certain way, act a certain way - just be the you deep down inside. The one you hide because you're afraid people might not accept you. The one you guard so people don't put you down or wound you. Show that vulnerability. Be bold. Be brave. You might be surprised who you inspire. 

What did you do today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment